Fall 2020 Instructional Support
Immediate Support for Remote Teaching
In order to best support faculty teaching remotely during the Fall term, I&ITS has set up a "support room" using Zoom. This is intended only for instructors in need of urgent support during an active class. If the issue is not urgent or if you have a question, please contact the UTM Service Desk.
- If you are in need of urgent, in-class support, click "Get Support Now."
- Zoom will attempt to start, either with the application, if installed, or with your default web browser.
- As you are connected to the Zoom session, you may be briefly put into a waiting room.
- Once you are connected, one of our Service Desk staff will triage your issue, which will involve screen sharing.
- The Service Desk staff will assist you and if they are not able to immediately resolve your issue, they will connect you directly to our Classroom Technology team for further assistance.
Immediate Classroom Support
For faculty teaching in campus classrooms, the same support will be available to you this Fall. Simply pickup the podium VoIP phone and you will be connected to our Classroom Technology team.
Non-Urgent Support and Questions
For non-urgent issues and questions about instructional technology support, please visit the newly launched UTM Instructional Support Portal. If you are unable to find the information you are looking for in the Service Catalogue, create a request and someone will be in contact with you.