Faculty & Staff Categories
Taxonomy is what allows the categorization of content based on terms. The Faculty & Staff Content uses taxonomy to define a vocabulary of terms that editors can assign when adding a profile. The display mechanisms of listings can then use terms to list and filter profiles accordingly.
The terms defined in the Faculty Staff Category vocabulary will appear as options when creating a new or editing an existing profile. It is under Basic Profile Fields section labeled Categories.
Managing the Faculty & Staff Categories
- See Figure 1. You can navigate to the taxonomy page by using the administrative toolbar. Manage Site > Taxonomy
- In the taxonomy page, find the Faculty Staff Categories vocabulary and click list terms
- In this page you can:
- Add Terms
- To add new categories, click Add Term button
- Provide a name and optionally a description of the category and click Save
- Note: Do not create an empty category
- Edit Terms
- You can edit an existing term by clicking on Edit
- Sort Terms
- You can sort and organize the list of terms by drag & drop method or show row weights method
- Note: The sort order set here dictates how the order of the groups appears in the listing page, if the listing page is set to group by categories
- Add Terms
- Click the Save button to save your changes
- Do not create empty categories. If a category doesn't have any entries under it, disable or remove it until it is actually in use.
- Avoid using symbols in the term titles