Certificate in Digital Communication
Certificate in Digital Communication for CCIT and DEM Students
In addition to receiving an honours degree from the University of Toronto, ICCIT students who successfully complete CCIT Major or DEM Specialist programs have the opportunity to obtain a Certificate in Digital Communications from Sheridan College. Entry into ICCIT programs is limited and students are urged to read the program information in the calendar carefully and to consult the institute. Full details can be found in the Academic Calendar
In order to qualify for a Certificate in Digital Communications:
- CCIT Major students must take a total of 3.0 credits (2 half credits at the 200 level and 4 half credits at the 300/400 level) at Sheridan
- DEM students can fulfill the requirements for the certificate with 1 half credit at the 200 level and 5 half credits at the 300/400 level at Sheridan College.
How do I obtain the Sheridan certificate?
- UTM students graduating from the CCIT program at the June convocation will be invited to attend Sheridan’s October Convocation. Sheridan will review eligible graduates to ensure the Certificate requirements are met – typically, invitations are sent out in mid-July/early August to your Sheridan email address so you will need to monitor their account.
- Unlike UTM, you do not need to request graduation with Sheridan – it will be done automatically.
- If you are unable to attend the October ceremony, the Certificate will be mailed to your mailing address listed on ACORN (in October). Ensure your recent contact information is updated at Sheridan and UTM.