Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application commonly used for organizing, analyzing, and presenting data. This hands-on workshop will introduce participants to various ways of working with data in Excel for research and professional purposes. Participants will learn to:
- Interpret data in a spreadsheet
- Apply basic math calculations; apply formulas to calculate averages, standard deviation, maximum and minimum values; and perform counts for a set of data
- Execute functions for analyzing data, and presenting the analysis as charts
- Create documents for tracking finances and projects
- Understand how to prepare data for export, for use in other applications
Please ensure that you have Microsoft Excel (Microsoft 365 Desktop App version) installed on your computer before the workshop begins. Some functions covered in this workshop may not be available on older versions of the application, or on the online/mobile app version of Excel.
To participate fully during the workshop, a PC (desktop or laptop) with speakers and microphone attached is required.
- Microsoft Excel (Microsoft 365 Desktop App version). Some functions covered in this workshop may not be available on older versions of the application, or on the online version of Excel
- Any basic text editor, such as Notepad
Ensure that you have admin privileges on your computer to download files.