Introduction to Audio Production for Podcasting
Podcasts are gaining popularity in recent years because they can comfortably fit into our busy everyday lives. They offer entertainment, information and knowledge right in our phones, and we can listen to them as we work out, do chores and cook dinner. Because podcasts involve the participants speaking for a long duration of time, having high quality audio production is crucial to providing a pleasant and comfortable listening experience for the audience.
This workshop will teach you the basics of audio production so you can create high quality audio for your podcast.
In this workshop, you will:
- Understand the important aspects of audio production, specifically in the area of voiceover
- Learn about the audio production process for podcasting from start to finish, which includes audio equipment selection, recording, editing, post-processing and publishing
- Learn to use powerful audio plugins to enhance voices
- Gain basic competency in a professional-grade digital audio workstation, REAPER
- Practice editing, processing and rendering audio recordings
Students must have access to “REAPER” to participate in this workshop. If you do not have a license to the software, you can download a free trial version via https://www.reaper.fm/download.php
James Zhan (he/him), Professional Audio Engineer, Mixing & Mastering