Professional Experience Certificate in Digital Media, Communication & Technology
The Professional Experience Certificate in Digital Media, Communication and Technology program provides eligible students with the opportunity to integrate two paid work placements into their ICCIT program of study. The certificate offers students authentic learning experiences outside of the classroom that involve the application of skills and concepts learned in the classroom through two 4-month non-credit paid work terms. This certificate program must be taken in addition to any of the current ICCIT programs.
Students enrolled in the certificate program also must complete 2.0 credits and a minimum of two 4-month work placements:
- 0.5 credit of CCT110H5 Rhetoric and Media or WRI173H5 Creative Non-Fiction
- two professional practice courses (1.0 credit): CCT273H5 Professional Practice and Communication and CCT373H5 Career Planning and Development
a 400 level capstone thesis course (0.5 credit): CCT475H5 Integrated Learning Digital Media, Communication, and Technology
Students will be eligible to apply for this certificate program at the end of their second year of study. Requests to enrol into this certificate program Subject POSt will be assessed through the same process and timelines used for all other UTM Subject POSt requests (i.e. requests for Subject POSt are made in the Spring and Summer terms via Acorn with notification of acceptance/invitations made available in the late Summer and/ or early Fall).
Limited Enrolment: Enrolment in the certificate program in ICCIT is limited to students who have met the following criteria:
- Concurrently enrolled in one of the following ICCIT programs:
- Communication, Culture, Information & Technology (CCIT) Major
- Professional Writing & Communication (PWC) Major
- Technology, Coding & Society (TCS) Major
- Digital Enterprise Management (DEM) Specialist
- Have completed CCT110H5 Rhetoric and Media or WRI173H5 Creative Non-Fiction.
- Have completed CCT273H5 Professional Practice and Communication with a minimum course grade of 70%.
- Have achieved an overall minimum CGPA of 2.4. The CGPA requirement for entry will be set each year in relation to the number of applicants, with the minimum being 2.4.
Students will be awarded the certificate via a transcript notation upon successful completion of the four required courses and a minimum of two 4-month work placements.