Certificate of Completion in Media Skills
ICCIT has developed a series of Media Skills workshops to augment student's in-class learning, culminating in the Certificate of Completion in Media Skills. Media Skills workshops complement the required curriculum of ICCIT programs as well as the Certificate in Professional Experience and the Certificate in Digital Communication.
- Media Skills Workshops & Facilitators
- Request Form for a Certificate of Completion in Media Skills
- Timing of Media Skills Workshops
This is the venue where ICCIT in-program students, at no additional cost to them, are able to begin to understand the value of investing in the process of lifelong learning through a self-curated educational experience.
The Certificate of Completion is an optional not-for-credit offering that is awarded based upon the full participation within and completion of at least 10 unique Media Skills workshops offered by ICCIT. All workshops are in addition to ICCIT’s for-credit course offerings; thus, no transcript notation will be added to the student’s official academic record.
Workshop topics range from UXD, video/audio editing, infographics, 3D design, to virtual reality, AI, API, coding, copy writing, and more!
In February, May, and October a roster of ~ 5-10 workshops with multiple sessions will be offered. Notifications of how to register for each semester's workshops will be sent to students via email at the end of September, beginning of February, and the end of April each year.
Students who have completed at least 10 unique Media Skills workshops will be able to indicate that they have done so by filling out the Request Form on the Media Skills Quercus shell.
Students should hold off on requesting a Certificate of Completion in Media Skills to be issued until they are nearing the end of their ICCIT program to ensure each media skills workshop they have taken is captured on their Certificate, as each student is ONLY eligible for 1 Certificate of Completion in Media Skills to be issued to them.
NOTE: Certificates of Completion are only issued 2 times a year
- If you have met the minimum requirements and submit the request form between December 1st & June 30th, your Certificate will be issued by August 30th.
- If you have met the minimum requirements and you submit the request form between July 1st and November 30th, you will be issued your Certificate by January 31st.
- What does "full participation" mean?
- It means that the student was present within the workshop from the start until the conclusion of the workshop, AND that they have engaged in each activity, including exercises, discussions, breakout rooms, etc. Attendance throughout the workshop is taken.
- Most workshops are 3 hours, will we get a break?
- Yes. After every hour of a synchronous workshop students will receive a 5-10 minute break. Thus, if a workshop is 3 hours long, you will receive one 5-10 minute break after the first hour, and another one after the 2nd hour.
- Once I complete 10 workshops, will I automatically receive my certificate?
- No. Students must complete the Certificate of Completion in Media Skills Request Form indicating that they have completed a minimum of 10 unique workshops, as well indicating which workshops they attended. Then the ICCIT advising team will verify those details. If the student has met the requirements, a certificate will be issued within the timeframe listed above.
- If I take more than 10 workshops will I get two certificates?
- No. It is anticipated that most students will take more than 10 workshops; however, those who take 10 are still eligible to receive the Certificate of Completion. You should hold off on requesting a Certificate of Completion in Media Skills to be issued until you are nearing the end of your ICCIT program to ensure each media skills workshop you have taken is captured on your Certificate. Each student is ONLY eligible for 1 Certificate of Completion in Media Skills.
- To clarify, if you request a Certificate to be issued after you have completed 10 Media Skills workshops, but you decide to take more later, an additional Certificate or reissuing of a Certificate listing the additional media skills workshops you took will NOT be issued. Meaning, if a student has completed 10 workshops this semester and decides to request a certificate to be issued today, but then completes more Media Skills workshops over the next couple of semesters or years, they will not have a Certificate that lists those additional workshops.
- Am I still eligible for the Certificate of Completion in Media Skills if I am currently pursing the Professional Experience Certificate and/or the Certificate in Digital Communication?
- Yes. In fact, you are encouraged to complement your course work with Media Skills workshops.
- Can I take or continue to take the Media Skills workshops if I transfer to another program outside of ICCIT?
- No. The Media Skills workshops are exclusively available to currently enrolled in ICCIT programs.
- What happens if I do not complete a workshop or I am absent for a workshop that I registered for?
- ICCIT monitors attendance and participation in each Media Skills workshop. If our detailed records show that you registered for a workshop; however, you did not attend and/or did not complete the content, you will be rendered ineligible to register for the next semester's Media Skills workshops. To avoid this penalty, be sure to cancel your registration at least 48 hours prior to the workshop to ensure those on the waitlist are able to attend in your place.
- Do I get course credit for the workshops I take?
- No, what you do get is a more robust content to populate your resume with and if you take 10 or more unique Media Skills Workshops, you are eligible to request the Certificate of Completion in Media Skills to be issued to you.
- Reach out via email, email@example.com