Building a Relationship with Mindfulness for Academic, Personal and Professional Settings
In this introduction to mindfulness workshop, information and experiential learning practices will be threaded throughout that tie to academic, professional and personal settings.
- Do you find it hard to focus your attention amid the constant stimuli you’re exposed to? Do you feel the days are passing you by in a blur while you navigate on autopilot?
- Do you find it difficult to connect with yourself and others these days?
- Do you feel a bit overwhelmed by the constant pull of technical devices?
- Do you keep hearing the word “mindfulness” and want to learn more about it?
- If you answered yes to one (or more) of these questions, this workshop is for you!
Research in educational, corporate and health fields demonstrate that mindfulness can help you:
- Expand your awareness
- Enhance your relationship with yourself
- Strengthen your relationship with others
- Improve your ability to pay attention
- Support your overall sense of wellbeing
In this interactive workshop, you will:
- Understand some of the foundational and theoretical principles of mindfulness including an introduction to neuroplasticity
- Apply mindfulness theories through experiential learning practices that support enhancing your awareness and ability to pay attention
- Examine how to integrate mindfulness into academic, professional and personal aspects of your life
- Evaluate your learning experiences through comparative reflections in-class
- Create and expand your community network through connecting with your cohort in online discussions
Rachna Sethi (she/her), Mindfulness Instructor and Mental Health Program Consultant