Become a Mentor
The ICCIT Student Mentorship Program is looking for its 2022-2023 mentor cohort! The application form closes on June 17th.
About the mentors
Joining the ICCIT Student Mentorship Program as a mentor is the perfect opportunity to have a positive impact on the ICCIT community. Share your university experience with second-year ICCIT students and help them make the most of their ICCIT student journey.
Mentors are supported by ICCIT Undergraduate Advisors, Program Coordinators, and senior mentors.
Consider becoming a mentor
Student mentors are role models and leaders. They give back to their community and help other students achieve their full potential. As a mentor you will help second-year students connect with UTM and ICCIT resources and support them during their overall transition into the ICCIT.
As a mentor you will help second-year students connect with resources important to their academic, personal and professional success.
As an ISMP mentor, you will:
- Share your university experience and knowledge about UTM and ICCIT resources with newly admitted ICCIT students
- Support newly admitted ICCIT students during their transition into the ICCIT
- Help mentees to make the most of their university experience
- Connect mentees with useful resources important to their academic, personal and professional success
Eligibility to be an ICCIT student mentor:
- 3rd or upper year ICCIT students studying within PWC, TCS, CCIT or DEM
- Able to commit up to 9 hours per month
- Knowledgeable about UTM & ICCIT resources
- Able to communicate accurate and timely information about student life
- Interested in giving back to the ICCIT community
- Willing to share your experiences and provide guidance to newly admitted students
- Wanting to build leadership, coaching and communication skills
The program runs throughout the Fall & Winter academic terms. It involves about one monthly group session and one-on-ones with mentees as needed.
To encourage your commitment to this program, this position will be added to your Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
Responsibilities as a mentor:
- Attend and participate in all mandatory training during the Summer prior to the academic year
- Design and submit a monthly session to support your mentees in their professional and personal development
- Track your mentees’ attendance to the sessions
- Be available to mentees for up to 8 hours per month, including responding promptly to their queries and concerns
- Become familiar with the needs of your mentees and promote appropriate UTM and ICCIT resources
- Facilitate group and individual activities
Meet the 2021-2022 mentors
Every new academic year, the ICCIT Student Mentorship Program hires a new team of devoted mentors.
For 2021-2022, the program hired 24 student mentors, who are all in the ICCIT stream (CCIT, DEM, TCS & PWC).
If you have more questions regarding the program, you can kindly message the Program Coordinator, Marie-Philippe Généreux for help at firstname.lastname@example.org