Student Groups and Clubs
Both new and returning student groups seeking U of T and U of T Mississauga recognition must complete a central on-line application process once each academic year, typically before September 30th. Groups that are approved are granted a package of benefits including:
- Use of University facilities at a lower cost or no cost
- Access to U of T electronic resources such as e-mail, web hosting and community portal services
- Use of U of T and U of T Mississauga's names in conjunction with group activities
- Listing on U of T and U of T Mississauga student group websites and other print and on-line directories
- Food Service discounts through U of T Mississauga Conference & Events Services
- A group seeking University of Toronto Mississauga recognition must list a currently enrolled University of Toronto Mississauga student as its public contact in the on-line application process
- To distinguish University of Toronto Mississauga groups from those at St. George or Scarborough, it is strongly recommended that the proposed group name include "UTM" in its title
- Groups classified by University of Toronto as student societies (organizations on whose behalf the University collects a compulsory non-academic incidental fee) are not required to seek recognition each year, however, many of these groups choose to apply for recognition to facilitate access to resources
Apply for Recognition
Groups can apply for recoginition on-line at https://ulife.utoronto.ca/page/view/slug/apply/.
Booking University of Toronto Mississauga Facilities
The Student Centre is the preferred location for student organization activities at the University of Toronto Mississauga. Groups can request Student Centre space by contacting the UTMSU. If a suitable space is not available in the Student Centre, a University of Toronto Mississauga recognized group can submit a booking request form available on-line here. To view available campus space for booking go to ORBS. For other campus space, at least 10 working days in advance of the booking date is required. Space is not guaranteed due to space limitations on campus.
If food will be provided or consumed at your event, note that all University of Toronto Mississauga campus buildings (and outdoor locations) other than the Student Centre require the use of the campus food service provider. Groups can check their choice of food selections online here. Please arrange all food orders through the Conference and Event Services office 7 working days before your event. A food service discount is available for registered clubs who meet all the requirements of a club and who give notice within the timelines listed above.
As part of the on-line application process, groups can request University of Toronto at Mississauga electronic resources such as e-mail, web hosting and/or portal communities. Any audio visual requests must be made using the ticket system https://uoft.service-now.com/utm/ five working days before the event.
Please note that recognition by student unions/governments, such as UTMSU, UTSU and UTMAGS involves other processes,requirements and benefits for student clubs (such as finding support, Student Centre office eligibility, posting services, club mail boxes, etc). Please contact these student unions directly for details and note that their processes are separate from those of the University of Toronto and the University of Toronto Mississauga.
Keep your groups information up to date ... send changes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact us!
William G. Davis building, Suite 3094H
Making experiences, exceptional