Adding, Transferring, & Carrying Over funds 


Adding funds to your Student Meal Plan

If you are running low on funds in your Basic or Flex Account, you can add money throughout the year to ensure that you can keep on using your Student Meal Plan. There is no service fee for adding funds to either account.

To Add Money to your Basic or Flex Account...

  • Login into your eaccounts Plan Management System - you can use Visa, VisaDebit, or MasterCard
  • Friends and family can also add funds to your Basic and Flex Accounts by making a Guest Deposit on the eaccounts Plan Management System

Please note: There are no automated Student Meal Plan fund deposit machines on campus. Any fund deposit machines on campus are for deposits that do not relate to your Student Meal Plan.

Transferring funds between Student Meal Plans

If you are running low on funds in your Basic Account, but you have funds remaining in your Flex Account, you can transfer some or all of your Flex Account funds to your Basic Account

  • Visit the Hospitality & Ancillary Services Office during operating hours
  • Due to the tax exempt nature of your Basic Account, Basic Dollars cannot be transferred to your Flex Account
  • Any other Funds (e.g. RezCarryover, Gift Dollars, etc.) cannot be transferred to your Basic or Flex Account


Carrying Over your Basic Funds

Each Student Meal Plan has some Carry Over eligibility for remaining funds at the end of the school year.


Carry Over Amounts for 2022-2023

Basic funds over the Minimum Commitment of $2,400.00 are eligible for Carry Over to the following year. The breakdown of Carry Over for each Student Meal Plan is as follows:

PLAN TYPE MAXIMUM Basic Carry Over Amount Flex Carry Over Amount
Plus $1,900 All remaining Flex
Full $1,425 All remaining Flex
Light $475 All remaining Flex
Minimum Not eligible for Basic Carry Over All remaining Flex



Carrying Over your Flex Funds

All remaining Flex Funds in any of the Student Meal Plans are eligible for Carry Over to the following year.



Carried over funds will move into an account called RezCarryOver.

You do not have to live in Residence the following year to qualify for RezCarryOver - as long as you are still a UTM student, your RezCarryOver funds will be available to you. If you do decide to live in Residence the following year, then you will notice that your RezCarryOver Account will be separate from your new Student Meal Plan Basic and Flex Accounts.

RezCarryOver Funds:

  • are not tax exempt

  • can be used at all of the same on-campus and off-campus places as your Student Meal Plan

Questions? Contact us!

(905) 569-4795
William G. Davis building, Suite 3127

Making experiences, exceptional

Do you need to add funds, view recent transactions & balance, or deactivate a lost or stolen TCard?
Do you need to change, select, or cancel a Student Meal Plan?