Latin American and Caribbean Studies (Arts)
Minor Program ERMIN0562
4.0 total credits, including 1.0 at the 300/400 level. While study of a relevant language is encouraged, the minor program does not have a language requirement.
- [First Year] 0.5 credit in HIS290H5. It is recommended that this course be taken in the first year.
- [Higher Years] Courses that can be counted toward this program are drawn from a range of offerings in the Humanities and Social Sciences at UTM. In order to complete the program, students will be required to take a total of 3.5 credits in at least two distinct disciplines selected from the list below:
- Art History (FAH): FAH356H5
- Geography (GGR): GGR369H5
- History (HIS): HIS290H5, HIS330H5, HIS345H5, HIS390H5, HIS391H5, HIS454H5, HIS490H5,
- Language Studies (FRE, FSL, SPA): FRE280Y5, FSL205Y5, SPA100Y5, SPA220Y5, SPA259H5, SPA320Y5, SPA323H5
- Linguistics (LIN): LIN366H5, LIN466H5
- Political Science (POL): POL438Y5
- Sociology (SOC): SOC253H5
In consultation with the Academic Counsellor of the Department for Historical Studies and depending on the focus of the course, the following courses may qualify on a year-to-year basis:
- Anthropology (ANT): ANT310H5, ANT320H5
- Diaspora and Transnational Studies (DTS): DTS201H5
- History (HIS): HIS494H5
- Language Studies (FRE, FSL, SPA): FRE391H5
- Political Science (POL): POL112H5, POL113H5, POL114H5, POL200Y5, POL218Y5, POL320Y5, POL487H5
- Visual Studies (VCC): VCC306H5, VCC406H5
- Women and Gender Studies (WGS): WGS200Y5, WGS368H5, WGS369Y5, WGS350H5, WGS370H5, WGS450H5
Students without pre- and co-requisites or written permission of the instructor can be de-registered from courses at any time.