Wellness at Home
Wellness at Home is a virtual program featuring daily wellness workshops, activities & resources from Mondays through Fridays. Open to all UTM students. Brought to you by the UTM Health & Counselling Centre.
- Tues, Oct 26, 4 - 5 PM (Zoom) | Recipe Swap
- Facilitator(s): Wellness Ambassadors
- Description: Do you ever feel that you crave certain foods when feeling low or stressed? You are not alone! Join us as we share favourite recipes with fellow students and discuss how our moods can affect our cravings. All recipes welcome.
- Wed, Oct 27, 1 - 2 PM (Zoom) | DrinkSmart Presents: Lessons Learned from a Former Bartender
- Facilitator: Lora @DrinkSmart.ca
- Description: Join us for an interactive session as we explore first-hand tips and strategies for making safer, more informed decision around drinking. Got questions? We got answers! Hear directly from "bartender-turned-educator" on how to have a good night out with friends, without it going too far.
- Wed, Nov 10, 1 - 2 PM (Zoom) | How Can We Meaningfully Learn from Failure?
- Facilitator: Professor Fiona Rawle
- Description: If at first you don't succeed, do you move on, or try, try, try again? Join us as we explore the concept of "resiliency-learning" and reflect on how we can meaningfully embrace, bounce back, and learn from failure. We'll look at the stigma commonly associated with failure, and explore strategies and supports that you can use in your own learning journey.
- Art for the Heart Series | Thurs. Oct. 28 + Nov. 4 + 11 + 18, 1 - 2 PM (Zoom)
- Facilitator: Toronto Art Therapy Institute Placement Students
- Description: Looking for a creative way to enhance your self-care routine? Join us for “Art for the Heart”, a 4-week series where participants will meet once a week in a small group to draw, paint and find unique and artistic ways to practice self-care and express themselves. “Art for the Heart” sessions will be facilitated by two students from the Toronto Art Therapy Institute.
This program is open to UofT students who are currently residing in Ontario. Spots are limited. Given the developing nature of the sessions, participants are asked to plan ahead to attend all 4 sessions prior to registering.
Art Kits are available at no cost for participants. Pick up at UTM only (outside office DV1131). All University “campus visitation requirements” apply. For more details, see: https://www.utm.utoronto.ca/coronavirus/frequently-asked-questions-faq
|Mindfulness Meditation||Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays (Weekly)||Lower stress and improve mood with our short, guided meditations. Led by the HCC Counselling Team & Wellness Ambassadors. No prior experience required to participate!||Instagram TV @utmhccwellness||Drop-in, no registration required.|
|#DEARUTM (Drop Everything And Relax)||Mondays (Biweekly)||Get inspired with #DEARUTM, which highlights different media resources (e.g., books, podcasts, videos and more) on our Instagram page to help you start your week mindfully.||Instagram @utmhccwellness||N/A|
4 - 5 pm
|Looking to connect with other students? Join your fellow peers for wellness-themed activities and conversations.
Student-led and judgment-free. Led by the Wellness Ambassadors.
|Zoom||Drop-in anytime during the hour, but pre-registration is strongly encouraged. Register here!|
Wellness Wednesday: Wellness 101 Workshops
1 - 2 pm
|Build your wellness & resiliency skills with the help of experts. Featuring a unique wellness topic each week. Led by UofT Staff & Faculty.||Zoom||Pre-registration is strongly encouraged. Register here!|
|Wellness Wednesday: Kimberly's Kitchen||
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
|Learn how to make healthy, budget-friendly recipes. Led by HCC Dietitian, Kimberly Green.||Zoom||Pre-registration is strongly encouraged. Register here!|
|Self-Care Thursday||Thursdays (Weekly)||Take a break in your day to practice self-care with a unique activity or inspirational post each week.||
Zoom (where applicable)
|Foodie Friday||Fridays (Weekly)||What is paneer and how do you eat it? How do you know when a mango is ripe? What is the best cereal to buy? Is there a difference between brown and white eggs? Get fun facts and useful tips about the foods you eat (or should be eating!) from HCC Dietitian, Kimberly Green.||Instagram TV @utmhccwellness||N/A|