Walk-in Growth Rooms
Twelve walk-in growth rooms are used for plants and insect research at UTM. These growth rooms have sophisticated temperature, light controls. Some have humidity controls as well. Below are the technical specifications of each walk-in growth rooms at UTM:
Walk in Environmental Rooms for Plant/Insect from CANTROL
|1012-03ER||DV1012||CANTROL Environmental System Limited||CES-25/50||C2213-5|
|1012-04ER||DV1012||CANTROL Environmental System Limited||CES-25/50||C2213-4|
|1012-05ER||DV1012||CANTROL Environmental System Limited||CES-25/50||C2213-3|
|3028-04ER||DV3028||CANTROL Environmental System Limited||CES-25/50||C2213-7|
|3028-05ER||DV3028||CANTROL Environmental System Limited||CES-25/50||C2213-8|
- Temperature Range: 15 ⁰C to 37 ⁰C +/- 0.75 ⁰C, controlled by YOKOGAWA UT152 Temperature Controller; high and low temperature limits controlled by A419 Series Electronic Temperature Controls; non-programmable.
- Humidity: Designed for 50% HR at 25 ⁰C, controlled by YOKOGAWA UT152; non-programmable.
- Lighting: Vapourproof T8 fluorescent lamps; programmable, controlled by Intermatic Grasslin Lighting Timer for lights ON/Off. A red incandescent night light controlled by an exterior light switch.
- Growth area for ERs in DV 1012 is 123 ft²
- Growth area for ERs in DV 3028 is 81 ft²
Walk in Environmental Room from Biochambers
- Growth Area: 120 ft²
- Growth Height: 19 ¾”
- Growth Capacity: 198 ft³
- Temperature: Lights off 5 to 25 ⁰C, lights on 15 to 35 ⁰C, programmable.
- Humidity: Designed for an ambient condition of 50% RH at 21 ⁰C. Additive humidity up to 75% with lights on, 90% with lights off.
- PID control.
- Lighting: T8 fluorescent lamps. 2 levels, programmable.
- Air Distribution: Wind speed can be programmable.
- Controller: Biochambers VNET
Walk-in Growth Rooms from Conviron
C710 Technical Specifications:
Growth area: 78.5 ft²
Interior dimensions: 20’4” w x 9’0” D x 8’8.5” H
Temperature range: 15 to 30 °C +/- 0.5 °C at control point. Maximum designed temperature is +35°C.
Lighting: Fluorescence lamps. Lighting control has flexibility of being programmable through CMP controller or controlled by exterior door mounted switch.
Humidity range: up to 90% lights off and 85% lights on limited by maximum 25°C dew point.
Refrigeration: Water-cooled condensing unit with hot gas bypass system for continuous compressor operation and close temperature control.
Control System: Conviron CMP6050 v4.01
MTPS144 Technical Specifications:
- Growth Area: 144 ft²
- Growth Height: 20”
- Growth Capacity: 706 ft³
- Temperature Range: 15 to 35 ⁰C, programmable.
- Humidity: Uncontrolled.
- Light Intensity: 200 to 750 μmoles/m2/s at 25 ⁰C, multiple lighting levels can be programmed via CMP6050 control system.
- Lamps: T8 fluorescent and halogen incandescent lamps.
- Control System: Conviron CMP6050
C1015 Technical Specifications:
Growth area: 136.3 ft²
Temperature range: 17-26°C, +/-0.5C at control point
Humidity range: maximum relative humidity up to 85% at room temperature 24C and lights ON
Lighting: Fluorescence lamps, programmable through CMP controller or controlled by exterior door mounted switch.
Control system: CMP4030