The UTM Sustainability Office is looking for a group of students who are interested in helping out with environmental initiatives on the UTM campus. Both work-study (paid) and volunteer positions are available.
Waste Ambassadors Program
Calling all students who have a passion for sustainability and looking for a volunteer opportunity to take action towards a more sustainable future!
Please see details on the Waste Ambassadors description below. If this program interests you, please email the Sustainability Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and a team member will be delighted to connect with you!
Objective: Play a key role in helping to make UTM a more sustainable campus and support the Sustainability Strategic Plan through waste management efforts.
Waste Management: The UTM Sustainability Office welcomes you to join the Waste Ambassadors Program to tacke action in increasing waste diversion rates on campus.
No Experience? No Problem: We will teach you how to sort waste on campus and give you the foundational knowledge to educate your peers on waste management!
- Attend a mandatory training session
- Participate in and facilitate events on campus with other waste ambassadors
- Events may include:
- Bi-weekly patrolling
- Litter clean up
- Educate and engage students, faculty, and staff on waste sorting and management at events
- Check in with the lead waste ambassador weekly via group chat/email communications
- Commit a minimum of 10 hours for the entire school year (fall and winter semester)
Develop Your Skillsets:
- Gain valuable and marketable skills
- Waste management knowledge
- Meet new people and make new friends
- End-of-year volunteer recognition event
- CCR recognition!
- Free merch!
- It's fun!
If you're interested in volunteering for the Waste Ambassadors Program, send an email to email@example.com and a staff member will get back to you shortly.