Construction was completed in 2011 on the Instructional Centre, which houses lecture theatres, computer labs and classrooms. The building is certified LEED silver. Green features of the building include:
- it was built over the site of an existing parking lot, so no green space was eliminated to construct it
- a ground-source heat pump (sometimes called geothermal) heating and cooling system, which reduces energy use in the building (see Geothermal page)
- a 21 kW solar electric system (see Solar page)
- orientation of the building to maximize natural light
- energy-efficient lighting, computer and AV equipment
- water-efficient fixtures
- use of durable, local building materials with renewable or recycled content.