- Applicants must be either registered as full-time graduate students at UTM or be UTM-affiliated graduate student supervised or co-supervised by a UTM based faculty member.
- Applicants may be recognized graduate student groups or groups associated with a UTM academic department.
- Events and activities must be accessible for all members of the community in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and other University policies on inclusion, diversity and equity, and demonstrate a positive impact on the educational, recreational, social, or cultural values of UTM.
- Possible events and activities include but are not limited to:
- Student-led conferences and symposia
- Guest lectures
- Professional development (to benefit the collective not the individual)
- Events and activities held on the UTM campus will be given preference.
- Events and activities that focus on the themes laid out in the UTM academic plan will be given preference.
- The application package should be comprised of the following:
- Application – clearly outline the objective of the event/activity and how it aligns with enhancing the student experience, fostering a sense of community and strengthening the reputation of UTM.
- Budget – including estimated expenses, other sources of funding etc.
- Successful applicants must submit a summary report to the selection committee at the conclusion of the event or activity that includes a reflection on lessons learned and/or what was achieved.
- An adjudication committee will be established, led by the Vice-Dean Graduate Studies & Postdoctoral Affairs UTM and will be comprised of representatives from both research and professional graduate programs.
- The committee normally will select up to two (2) initiatives/projects each academic year.
- The committee may also wish to explore opportunities for partnering with other UTM departments.
The fund was established through a generous gift from Professors Angela B. Lange and Ian Orchard in 2020. Annual reports including summaries received from successful applicants will be used to prepare yearly updates to the donors.
Please complete the Application Form and send to by Friday, March 3, 2023:
Office of the Dean
Attention: Anna Reale
Room 3200-Davis or via email at, firstname.lastname@example.org