Request for Full-Credit Enrolment

If you have been awarded an unspecified half-credit and been excluded from the specified full-credit course, but now wish to enrol in the full-credit course for credit, you will have to request the unspecified half-credit be marked as "extra".

You completed SPAN1010 at Carleton University. You did not complete the other half credit at Carleton of SPAN1020.

For SPAN1010, you were awarded an unspecified half-credit of SPA1**H5 and were excluded from the full-credit course SPA100Y5.

Since SPAN1010 is a half-credit course, you would require SPAN1010 and SPAN1020 in order to receive U of T Mississauga’s full-credit specified course of SPA100Y5.

Since you were awarded SPA1**H5 and excluded from SPA100Y5, if you want to enrol in SPA220Y5, you will be required to complete SPA100Y5 at U of T Mississauga first. Because you have been excluded from this course, you will have to request the SPA1**H5 transfer credit be marked as "extra", so that you can enrol in SPA100Y5 for credit.

If you have questions, or are unsure of how transfer credits can impact your degree and program progression, you are encouraged to meet with an Academic Advisor in the Office of the Registrar before altering your transfer credits.

Deadline for requests

You have one calendar year from the date of your first registration at U of T Mississauga to request changes to your transfer credit assessment pursuant to the Admission with Previous Post-Secondary School section of the Academic Calendar.

How to Request to Mark Courses as Extra

In order to submit a formal request, send an email from your email account to You must use the following template when composing your email. Ensure to replace all bolded text with your information before submission.

My name is FIRST & LAST NAME, student number 100XXXXXXX, and I wish to have the following 100-level courses marked as “extra”:

    U of T Mississauga Course Code – Previous Post-Secondary Institution
•    GGR1**H5 – University of Ottawa
•    HIS1**H5 – University of Ottawa
•    SCI1**H5 – CEGEP Dawson
•    SSC1**H5 – CEGEP Dawson

I have read and understand the Transfer Credit Policies & Procedures and make this request to modify my record accordingly. I also acknowledge that I have had the opportunity to discuss my questions and concerns with an Academic Advisor in the Office of the Registrar.

Thank you,

Please note that incomplete requests and requests received after the deadline date above will not be processed.