UTMBP Requirements and Application
To qualify for the UTM Bridging Pathway (UTMBP), you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 20 years of age in the year the pathway begins
- Be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Convention Refugee¹
- Have been away from formal, full-time education for more than three years.
- Have not attempted degree-level academic work (or equivalent) at a post-secondary institution such as a university or polytechnic institute.***
- Have not completed more than two years of full-time studies in a College of Applied Arts and Technology (or equivalent), such as a three-year advanced diploma of an academic nature.***
- Meet current University of Toronto English Language Requirements.
- Include a personal statement as part of the application. The personal statement is a written piece of work about yourself and your academic and career goals. The purpose of the statement is to ensure that your application is being reviewed with your interests and intentions in mind.
A Few Notes
- *** - You may be eligible for other programs or admission options more appropriate for you if you have degree level experience or equivalent (even if previous studies were unsuccessful). Please contact us directly to determine the best route for admissions.
- By accepting admission to the UTM Bridging Pathway, students with previous post-secondary studies will forfeit any possible transfer credits.
- Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee registration with the UTM Bridging Pathway. Applications are reviewed on an individual basis to assess the academic strength of each student.
- This initiative is primarily intended for direct entry into an Honours Bachelor of Arts undergraduate degree.
- Some programs at UTM have additional senior-level secondary school subject requirements. The completion of any previous high school courses may be considered to meet these requirements.
- If you are interested in taking courses that have minimum high school prerequisites (e.g. math, chemistry, biology, physics) you can review the possibility of taking these courses with a staff member in our office. Contact us for details.
How to Apply
Applications for 2021-22 will open in late January 2021 and close June 1, 2021.
If you have any questions about the UTM Bridging Pathway, please contact the Manager, Pathway Programs at UTM:
¹ A Convention Refugee is a person who is outside of their country of nationality or habitual residence and who is unable or unwilling to return to that country because of a well-founded fear of persecution for reasons of race, religion, political opinion, nationality or membership in a particular social group (See United Nations 1951 Geneva Convention).