Request to Forfeit Secondary School Transfer Credit
Since secondary school transfer credits are awarded automatically, they will remain on your academic record unless explicitly forfeited. There is no limit on the number of transfer credits that you can forfeit; you may choose to keep them all, forfeit them all, or forfeit individual ones.
Deadline to Request a Forfeit of Transfer Credit
For the 2020/2021 academic year, the deadline for request a forfeit is September 22, 2020.
Rules & Regulations
- Once forfeited, transfer credits cannot be reinstated.
- If you were awarded two half credit courses, you must forfeit both half credits.
- The option to forfeit is only available to students who have not attended another post-secondary institution.
- Transfer credits that have been forfeited will be listed as "extra" and have a credit weight of 0.00 on ACORN and Degree Explorer. Processing time can be up to 10 business days for your record to be updated.
If you have questions, or are unsure of how transfer credits can impact your degree and program progression, you are encouraged to meet with an Academic Advisor in the Office of the Registrar before altering your transfer credits.
How to Submit a Forfeit Request
In order to submit a formal request, send an email from your utoronto.ca email account to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must use the following template when composing your email. Ensure to replace all bolded text with your information before submission.
My name is FIRST & LAST NAME, student number 100XXXXXXX, and I wish to forfeit the following transfer credits awarded from my CURRICULUM NAME:
• Secondary School Course (U of T Mississauga Course Code)
• A-Level Accounting (MGT1**H5)
• A-Level Biology (BIO152H5, BIO153H5)
• A-Level Chemistry (CHM110H5, CHM120H5)
I have read and understand the rules and regulations surrounding the forfeiture of my secondary school transfer credits. I also acknowledge that I have had the opportunity to discuss my questions and concerns with an Academic Advisor in the Office of the Registrar.
Please note that incomplete requests and requests received after the deadline date above will not be processed.