How to Apply
If you are applying as a current University of Toronto student, please visit the Internal Transfer page for alternative instructions.
Applications as a current Canadian university student are made online via the OUAC website, using the OUAC 105 Application Form if you meet the following requirements:
- You currently reside in Canada (Canadian citizens, permanent residents or those currently studying in Canada on a study permit or other visa) OR
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident living elsewhere (not in Canada) AND
- You are not currently attending an Ontario secondary school in a day program.
In addition to the OUAC application service fee, a non-refundable University of Toronto supplementary fee of $90 will be required.
Every program requires a different set of prerequisite courses. These courses must be met at either the senior high school or university level. Applicants to limited enrolment programs must also present the required first-year university courses.
Admission consideration is based on your most recent annual average, although we will review your entire academic record. Competitive applications usually have a solid B average.
A Few Notes
- We accept high school Grade 12 U courses or half-credit university-level courses as prerequisites.
- For Commerce or Management applicants, transfer students must first complete 4.0 credits at the University of Toronto prior to being considered for the following programs: Accounting, Finance, Economics (BCom), Management, Human Resource Management, and Marketing.
If your first language is not English, or are required to submit English language proficiency documentation based on your educational background, you can learn more about this requirement as well as steps to fullfilling it on our English Language Requirements page.
If you receive an offer of admission, we will assess your previous studies for transfer credit(s). In most cases, this will be an additional step to complete after applying. To learn more about the transfer credit process, please visit the Transfer Credits page on our site.
Transfer Explorer is the university’s planning tool. Check the eligibility of credits earned at another Canadian institution, including all divisions of U of T, for transfer to (or within) the University of Toronto.
A Few Notes
- We grant a maximum of 10.0 transfer credits (towards a 20.0 credit U of T degree) to students who have previous undergraduate studies at another accredited university.
- Students who have completed the equivalent of approximately three years of full-time study or more of an undergraduate degree at another university are eligible for a maximum of 5.0 transfer credits and are considered to be entering a second degree (these students may not continue in the same program area as their previous degrees studies).
- We will only award transfer credits for successfully completed courses with a minimum grade of C- or 60%.
Marks & Document Submission
Depending on the educational system, the transcript of grades may be submitted electronically or by standard mail. Please refer to instructions on the Join U of T website for the specific documents required and method for sending the information.
Please be aware that items such as resumes, recommendation letters, and personal achievement awards will not be taken into consideration to the admissions process and we discourage you from submitting these types of documents.