Apply for Transfer Credit
Follow the steps below to submit your transfer credit application.
1. Collect and organize all course outlines and syllabi
Before you submit a transfer credit application, collect and organize all course outlines and syllabi from your previous studies in preparation for assessment. You should also review our Frequently Asked Questions.
You do not need to apply for transfer credit if:
- You were admitted as a non-degree or visiting student.
- You have studied for one year or less at an Ontario college.
- Your previous studies ONLY consist of courses taken at the Faculty of Arts & Science or the University of Toronto Scarborough. We will retain your previous studies along with your CGPA to your U of T Mississauga record.
- Your previous studies consist ONLY of Advanced Placement (AP), General Certificate of Education (GCE), International Baccalaureate (IB), French Baccalaureate or Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE). These credentials will be assessed automatically for transfer credit if official results have been received by the end of the summer. For more information about these transfer credits, visit High School and Secondary Curriculum.
Once you have received an official Offer of Admission from the university, you can proceed to the next step.
Your Offer of Admission will explicitly instruct you to submit this application. This application only needs to be submitted once, regardless of how many previous post-secondary institutions you have attended.
Use the link above to log in with your UTORid / JOINid and complete all required information.
Finalize the application process by submitting the $30 processing fee. The preferred method is using a credit card within the application; alternatively, you can pay in person at the Office of the Registrar using a debit or credit card.
3. Submit all supporting documentation
If you attended a Canadian University, you can review Transfer Explorer for any previously assessed equivalencies. Should courses completed not be in this database, you are required to submit detailed course outlines or syllabi for your courses.
All course outlines and syllabus can be emailed to the Transfer Credit Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include your full name and U of T Applicant/Student Number in the email.
Files should be attached as PDF or Word documents, one file per course.
Official English translations must accompany transcripts and course outlines that are issued in a language other than English.
Note: Failure to provide sufficiently detailed course outlines or syllabi will delay the processing of your transfer credit assessment. It is in your best interest to submit supporting documentation as soon as you make your application and payment.
4. Check your email regularly
Once your transfer credit application is complete (application, payment, and detailed course outlines), the Transfer Credit Team will update you via email regarding your assessment.
Ensure you check both your personal and U of T email accounts, if applicable; we will email you with the results of your assessment within 4 to 8 weeks of a completed application.