Join the UTM team
Donate to the team or a team member
Volunteer for Run Day
Rules for 2019
In order to receive a UTM team running shirt, each team member must raise a minimum of $150.
Team members who opt to pay the registration fee instead will not receive a UTM team athletic shirt.
The shirts are long-sleeved performance shirts with the U of T Mississauga logo, courtesy of UTM's Marketing and Communications Office.
Fundraising Events and Initiatives
- Pink Shirt Day: Friday, August 23. We are encouraging everyone to wear a pink shirt or something pink (or accessories) as part of the Canadian Cancer Societies’ Paint Mississauga Pink Week. There is an optional $2 donation to the cause (which you can drop off Biology Department (Cindy Short’s office) – DV 3058, Career Centre, room DV 3194, IT Service Desk in the CCT Atrium, Dina’s office in the Office of the Dean, DV 3200 F or with the Print and Copy Centre, DV 1132).
- Pink Luncheon: Tuesday, September 17, from 12 pm - 1:30 pm (only one seating) registration will be available in August or you may purchase a ticket directly from one of the Team members: Rishi Arora, Allison Lucas, Dina Moreira, Cindy Short, and Ron Wener. $20.00 per person.
- Pink Campus Walk: Tuesday, September 24, from 12pm - 1pm. We will have a campus walk, in partnership with the RAWC Wellness Routes. So join us for a healthy lunch hour walk on September 24!
- Dodge for the Cure: Friday, September 27, 2019 - all day
Each year more than 3,000 runners and walkers participate in the Mississauga CIBC Run for the Cure on our green campus – and this year promises to be an exciting, powerful and memorable experience for everyone who participates.
The event is a 1k or 5k run and/or walk. You don’t have to decide your distance or whether you will be walking, running or a combination of the two until the day of the event.
We also need volunteers! You can make a difference, too! With your support, the Foundation will continue to fund vital research and community health grants that have led progress in breast cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Run for the Cure FAQs
- Do I have to be a trained runner to participate in the Run for the Cure? The Run welcomes runners and walkers of all levels This is definitely not a race (it’s a community coming together in support of a great cause).
- How else can I contribute? You can donate either to an individual participant or to the UTM Team. Please click the donate button below.
- Can I get a tax receipt? Donations to the Run for the Cure are tax deductible. Tickets for the Pink Luncheon or Raffles are not tax deductible.
- Can I volunteer for the day of the run? Volunteers are needed to assist with the CIBC Run for the Cure on Sunday, October 6, 2019 at the University of Toronto Mississauga campus. We are looking for Run Day Parking Attendants, Spirit Squad, Route Marshals, Tear Down help, etc. We are also looking for entertainers along the Run route, singer, photographers, face painters, etc. You can sign up on the Run for the Cure site at https://cbcf.volunteerhub.com/lp/Mississauga/. If you have any other questions, please contact Cindy Short (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ron Wener (email@example.com).
Pink Luncheon FAQ’s
- How can someone purchase a table? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who is coordinating the tables.
- What’s on the menu? The menu for this year is to be confirmed
- Will there be a raffle this year? We have a number of items available in the raffle at the luncheon.
- Where does the money go? All proceeds will go towards the UTM Team Run for the Cure Team which is in support of the CIBC Run for the Cure.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook