EL Bursaries - Application Instructions
Please note that EL Bursaries applications are presently closed. Applications submitted outside of the appropriate application cycle will not be considered.
In order to submit an application to the EL Bursaries, please follow the instructions below.
Step One: Download and complete the EL Bursary Cover Sheet
- On the EL Bursaries Cover Sheet, you must specify the EL course(s) in which you are enrolled and provide a brief description of the additional costs associated with the course activities.
- Eligible costs include, but are not limited to: ancillary fees, transportation, equipment, professional attire, and more. Costs will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, so please be as specific as possible in your descriptions.
- Applicants who fail to provide this information may not be considered for an EL Bursary.
Step Two: Review this tutorial video on the application portal system
Step Three: Go to the University of Toronto Undergraduate Grant Portal to fill out your application. You must also upload your completed Cover Sheet in order to be considered for an EL Bursary.
- When completing your application, please select UTM as your division. (Even if you are a UTSG or UTSC student, you must still select UTM as your division for your application to be received by the EEU.)
- When demonstrating financial need, please remember to include costs associated with eligible EL courses in your expenses.
- In the “Personal Statement” section of the application, please ensure that you enter the course code of the eligible course for which you are requesting an EL Bursary.
Approved applicants will be asked to complete pre-course and post-course self-assessment surveys as part of their participation in the EL Bursaries program.