The Gunning Group at the University of Toronto Mississauga and Centre of Medicinal Chemistry (CMC) is hiring a medicinal/synthetic chemist. Professor Patrick Gunning is one of the leaders in the fields of molecular recognition and medicinal chemistry, and The Gunning Group has a strong record of academic publications, patents and commercialization. The laboratory has an extensive and global network of academic, industrial, and governmental collaborators. Our group offers a highly dynamic and innovative research environment with pharma-quality services and instruments.
The Gunning Group is recruiting a full-time postdoctoral fellow in the area of synthetic/medicinal chemistry. The candidate will participate in research projects focusing on design, synthesis, and biological testing of novel small molecule therapeutics.
Job Title: Postdoctoral fellow
Number of openings: 1
Position start date: Winter 2022
Job site: University of Toronto, 3359 Mississauga Rd, Mississauga Ontario L5L 1C6
Status: Full-time, 12 months contract with potential for renewal
Desired skills and experience
The candidates should have completed their PhD degree in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or a related discipline. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, goal oriented and a self-driven individual who is ready to work independently as well as in a team environment. The ideal candidate has experience in organic synthesis to support preclinical development of drug candidates.
- PhD in Organic, Bioorganic or Medicinal Chemistry or related discipline.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry (background in drug discovery is preferred but not necessary)
- Troubleshoot and optimize reaction sequences and conduct multi-step synthesis with full characterization of molecules
- Collection, analysis and interpretation of data sets and proposal of follow-up syntheses/experiments based on data trends
- Strong skills in written and oral communication
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
Interested candidates are asked to submit a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
This position is ONLY open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada, and can start working immediately.
Strong preference will be given to individuals who are Canadian residents, permanent residents, work permit holders or citizens.