All UTM facilities clean after COVID case confirmed
Peel Public Health has confirmed a case of COVID-19 on the University of Toronto Mississauga campus on Sept. 28. UTM is informing its community today out of an abundance of caution.
The University follows public health directives regarding who should be informed in these situations. Public health authorities have already contacted with all individuals who require follow up and will continue to provide guidance and advice and ensure medical confidentiality throughout. As part of its proactive measures, UTM staff have completed an intensive cleaning of all affected onsite facilities, which are now safe to visit and use. As of Sept. 29, the operations of UTM facilities and services are unchanged and the campus is open.
Anyone who visited the following areas on the dates below should monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID-19:
- McGrath Valley, laundry room: Sept. 22, 2020
- Oscar Peterson Hall, food services: Sept. 23-27, 2020
- Davis Building, Meeting Space and food servery: afternoon of Sept. 23, 2020
- Oscar Peterson Hall, lobby, vending machine, first floor: Sept. 25, 2020
If anyone begins to experience symptoms, they should contact the University’s occupational health nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org. They should follow the directives detailed by Peel Public Health, including self-isolating, and following the recommendations for seeking additional care.
All UTM community members should continue to observe University and public health directives:
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres from other people;
- Wear a cloth mask or face covering;
- Limit elevator occupancy to 2 people or fewer;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, please use the hand sanitizing stations located across campus;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze; immediately throw that tissue in the garbage and wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze into your sleeve or arm;
- Monitor yourself for COVID-19 symptoms and use the UCheck self-assessment web portal before coming to campus or leaving your residence room;
- Consult the University’s Coronavirus page and review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for information on the latest safety practices.
Contacts and Supports for Students:
Health and Counselling Centre: Hours of Operation; 905-828-5255
UofT MySSP: 24/7: 1-844-451-9700. Outside of North America, call 001-416-380-6578.
Provides students with real-time and/or appointment-based confidential, 24-hour support for any school, health, or general life concern.
Good-to-talk Student Helpline: 1-866-925-5454
Contacts and Supports for Faculty, Librarians & Staff:
Employee and Family Assistance Program: 24/7: Toll-free: 1-800-663-1142; TTY: 1-866-398-9505