Information for Faculty, Staff & Librarians
Updated Tuesday, May 3:
The University will continue its requirement to wear masks in certain settings until June 30, 2022. Masks are required in classrooms and in indoor spaces where physical distancing cannot be maintained. U of T recommends the use of medical-grade masks where possible.
In addition, as of May 1, 2022, health screening and contact tracing is no longer available in UCheck.
For more details, visit UTogether.
On this page:
- COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- On-Campus Work
- Teaching Support
- Research Information
- Working From Home
- Human Resources & Equity Information
- Mental Health Supports
Alternative work arrangements will need to be in place for staff roles planning any hybrid capacity. Faculty members and librarians should contact the Dean, their Chair, Director or Supervisor to discuss their workload assignment if applicable.
All employees are expected to be within commuting distance of their workplace, unless approval is obtained in advance to work outside of Ontario. We continue to encourage flexibility and support for employees with childcare responsibilities resulting from potential cancellations of in-person classes for school-age children or daycare closures.
Resources and information for faculty, instructors, librarians, library staff and teaching assistants to support teaching and online learning.
- UTM TLC: Teaching & Learning Collaboration
- UTM Robert Gillespie Academic Skills Centre
- Resources to Support Teaching
- Programming for Instructors to Support Online/Remote Teaching
- UTM Library Service and Operations Updates
Resources, guidelines and information for researchers from UTM’s Office of V-P Research, U of T’s Division of the Vice-President, Research & Innovation and the Centre for Research & Innovation.
- UTM Library
- Faculty request to access UTM research facilities
- UTM guidelines and occupancy booking for common research areas
- Research Labs FAQ
- Resources for Researchers
- Guideline for Reopening Research Spaces
- COVID-19 Research & Innovation Updates
- COVID-19 Response Resources (secure SharePoint site)
- Principals for Research Recovery and Adaptation
UTM's I&ITS team continues to offer remote support, tools and technology tips to help keep you safely connected while you are working on campus and from home.
- Working From Home: Guide for UTM Faculty & Staff
- Support services for UTM staff
- Support services for UTM faculty
- Self-identified Black staff are encouraged to sign up for the UTM Black Staff Listserv
- UTM I&ITS Remote Work Checklist
- UTM VPN service page (UTM I&ITS Services)
- Beware: COVID-19 Email Phishing Scams
- Protect Yourself Against Malware
Visit Working at U of T for the latest information about COVID-19 policies, guidelines and resources.
Find resources to support your health & wellbeing.
STILL HAVE COVID QUESTIONS? Submit a question here or refer to the following pages for more details: