February 28, 2022: One (1) confirmed case of COVID-19 on the UTM campus.
February 22/23, 2022: One (1) confirmed case of COVID-19 on the UTM campus.
February 22, 2022: One (1) confirmed case of COVID-19 on the UTM campus.
February 7-8, 2022: One (1) confirmed case of COVID-19 on the UTM campus.
January 2022: Eight (8) confirmed/presumed positive cases of COVID-19 on the UTM campus.
December 2021: Seven (7) confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 on the UTM campus.
Note: as of January 3, 2022, due to changes in eligibility for testing driven by increasing COVID-19 cases related to the Omicron variant, case counts in this report are likely an underestimate of the number of individuals with COVID-19.
For the above-identified cases, teams have completed the tracing and cleaning processes, undertaken as a standard part of our rigorous safety measures. Operations of services at UTM remain unchanged. Any people requiring medical follow-up have already been contacted directly.
U of T’s experts in Environmental Health & Safety will continue to assess the situation carefully, provide support and guidance, and ensure medical confidentiality. As always, please email our Occupational Health Nurse at email@example.com if you test positive for COVID-19 or if a public health authority contacts you about a positive COVID case.
Please also continue to observe UTM’s safety policies and public health directives to:
- Maintain a distance of at least two metres from other people in all administrative spaces and common areas.
- Wear a well-constructed, well-fitting mask.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze; immediately throw your tissue in the garbage and wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze into your sleeve or arm.
- Monitor yourself for COVID-19 symptoms, using UCheck’s web portal to complete your health screening.
- Consult the university’s COVID-19 resource page and review our Frequently Asked Questions for information on the latest safety practices.
- Review COVID-19 updates shared by U of T’s Office of Environmental Health & Safety.
Support for Students
U of T: COVID-19 Resources