Smart Job Hunting 2017
GRADUATING IN 2017?
KICK-START YOUR JOB HUNT IN TWO DAYS!
Smart Job Hunting takes place on Tuesday April 25 & Wednesday April 26, 2017. This two-day event will help you:
- Learn how to find a job in today’s economy and identify skills that you have that employers need
- Develop skills you will need throughout your career such as resume writing, interviewing, & networking skills
- Gain access to full-time job postings offered to U of T students - hundreds of employers!
- Network with industry professionals from a variety of areas during our networking panel
- Gain valuable insights from an established alumni
Job searching is a skill, and good job searchers can land good jobs! Begin or continue to build your own network with peers and industry professionals. In addition, there will be an opportunity to meet and talk with various industry professionals at the end of day 2!
What to Bring
- A notepad and a pen
- A copy of a sample job posting/job description to which you are interested.
- For day one, April 25th, bring a copy of your resume and cover letter as you will have the opportunity to update your resume based on the workshop.
Latecomers will not be admitted after 10:00am due to room capacity and event demand. Please arrive by 9:15am to sign in to avoid losing your spot.
Business casual attire is required (no jeans or t-shirts). For more information on dress codes visit Dress for Success.
Smart Job Hunting two-day Agenda
Tuesday April 25th
9:30am - 4:00pm
How to stand out with your resume and cover letters
There will be lots of hands-on work throughout both days as well as plenty of interaction.
IMPORTANT - in order to attend this two-day workshop, you must:
- be graduating in June or November 2017, or be a recent graduate (June 2015 or later), AND
- be able to attend from 9:30am-4pm on April 25 AND 10:00am-6:00pm on April 26. There will be an employer panel at the end of Day 2!
Please register on the Career Learning Network for Day One of this worskhop on April 25 and you will automatically be registered for Day Two. (You do not need to register for Day Two if you attend Day One.)
upcoming, please check back frequently