Summer NSERC USRA Program
2021 Summer NSERC USRA
The department is now accepting applications from students for 2021 Summer NSERC USRA projects. The deadline for receipt of applications to the department is Friday, March 12, 2021.
- Students must meet eligibility requirements (link: NSERC 2019 Summer Program Guidelines).
- Students must have an eligible supervisor.
- The student must email their official transcripts to Stephanie do Rego (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop off sealed transcripts to DV3056 (slide under door). She will scan and send them back to the student.
- Students must complete Form 202 Part I and attach scanned transcripts. Once the student submits their form to the “LO” they should send their reference number to the supervisor.
- Supervisor to complete and submit Form 202 Part II by the same deadline.
- Student and supervisor must sign 2021 Student-Supervisor Certification
- A complete application must be emailed to Stephanie by the deadline and should include hard copies of Form 202 Part I and II, signed Student-Supervisor Certification and an official copy of all post-secondary transcripts.
University of Toronto Excellence Awards (UTEA)
This award aims to provide undergraduate students with funding to conduct a summer research project under an eligible faculty member's supervision. There are 2 UTEA awards available across the entire UTM. Please refer to the program guidelines link
Please note the following:
- Applications will be available in March 2021 for Summer 2021.
- Students do not need to be Canadian citizens or permanent residents to hold a UTEA, this is different than the NSERC USRA in which only Canadian/permanent residents are eligible.
- The supervisor of a UTEA-NSE recipient must be a faculty member holding a NSERC grant administered through UTM, either as the principal investigator or the co-investigator.
- Only one (1) UTEA application from each UTM academic department may be submitted.
If student applied for an NSERC USRA they will be considered for a UTEA automatically - a separate application is not required at this time. The chosen student will be contacted by Stephanie by March 25th. If the student is not applying for an NSERC USRA they must complete the UTEA application.
- The applicant’s official transcript (sealed in envelope) is to be attached to Part 1 of the application and submitted to Stephanie do Rego in DV3056.
- The supervisor should submit Part II of the application to Stephanie do Rego in DV3056.
- For each UTEA award, the faculty supervisor must complete an application using the My Research Applications (MRA) online system: http://www.research.utoronto.ca/my-research/.
Applications will be available in March 2021 for Summer 2021.
Contact: Stephanie do Rego