Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, BikeShare is currently closed. We will reopen when it is safe to do so.
BikeShare is always looking for volunteers!
Experience is not required to volunteer with UTM BikeShare! Never held a wrench before? No problem, we’ll train you and give you the knowledge you need to work on bikes!
What do volunteers do?
Here are some of the ways that volunteers help out at UTM BikeShare:
- Signing bikes in and out
- Performing safety checks on our bikes before and after they are rented out
- Fixing our bikes, e.g. patching flat tires
- Doing routine maintenance on the bikes, e.g. lubricating chains and inflating tires
- Running the office for short periods of time so our staff can grab lunch
What benefits do volunteers receive?
- UofT Co-Curricular Record credit for those who volunteer 20+ hours in a season (April – October). Find out more about your Co-Curricular Record here: https://www.utm.utoronto.ca/utm-engage/co-curricular-record
- Gain valuable and marketable skills
- Customer service
- Mechanical knowledge
- Work outside and enjoy the weather
- Learn skills that you can use on your own bike
- Better chance at a paid job in the future (most BikeShare employees are past volunteers)
- Meet new people and make new friends
- It’s fun!
- The knowledge that you are helping UTM be a better, more sustainable place!
If you're interested in volunteering for UTM BikeShare, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a staff member will get back to you shortly. Alternatively, stop by the BikeShare office any time we're open to get started!