Strength & Conditioning
The UTM Eagles Strength and Conditioning Program aims to maximize the potential of each individual student-athlete by supporting their physical and physiological development for elite sport performance. All training modalities and progressions are deliberately structured and planned to coincide with the individual athlete's quality of movement. This process allows for both consistent improvements in athletic performance and a reduced risk of injury.
Our Strength and Conditioning Staff work closely with each sport coach and athletic therapy staff to implement the most effective year-round training program and deliver ongoing comprehensive support for each team.
These services include:
- Periodized training programs tailored specifically to the needs of each sport, team and athlete
- Access to the TeamBuildr portal used for tracking athlete progress and is compete with helpful videos and descriptions all each exercise
- Dedicated team training sessions delivered by Strength and Conditioning Professionals
- Testing and Monitoring of athletic capacity and competitive readiness
- Workshops designed to teach athletes about advanced training techniques, injury prevention/rehabilitation and sports nutrition principles
For more information about the Strength and Conditioning program at the University of Toronto Mississauga, please contact:
Fitness Program Assistant – Strength and Conditioning
Department of Recreation, Athletics & Wellness
Tel: +1 905-569-4725