Athletic Therapy at UTM
What is Athletic Therapy?
Athletic Therapy is a health care profession specializing in the prevention, assessment and care of musculoskeletal injuries with a focus on athletics and the pursuit of physical activity.
What do Athletic Therapists do?
- Respond to emergencies in a sports setting, providing on-site assessment and care
- Provide clinical assessments and treatments of a multitude of injuries utilizing acute injury care, therapeutic modalities, manual therapy and strength and conditioning work with the goal of returning the patient back to pre-injury levels of activity or athletic competition
What's available to UTM Varsity Athletes?
- Preseason medical screening and baseline testing
- Support and coverage during practice and competition
- Ongoing assessment and rehabilitative treatment of sport-related injuries
- Emergency coverage during all OCAA home competitions
- Referrals to a team of Sports Medicine Physicians and other health care specialists
For more information on Athletic Therapy at the University of Toronto Mississauga or to inquire about an appointment, please contact:
Rehabilitation & Fitness Specialist
Department of Recreation, Athletics & Wellness