UTM Rental Request Form
At this time, we will not be recieving new facility rentals at the Recreation, Athletics & Wellness Centre.
Facility Rental Request Webform
Please read the Rental Policies listed and complete the below webform to request a rental of the facilities of the UTM Recreation, Athletics and Wellness Centre.
- The renter must complete a facility request form in full no later than three weeks prior to the day of the event.
- All rental request forms will be reviewed by the Facility Manager for approval. (Normal response time for requests is one week from submission, delays may occur during peak times)
- For large events (more than 50 participants) organizers must provide the requisite number of staff certified in Standard First Aid.
- Requests outside operating hours will be approved at the discretion of the Department. Supervisors are mandatory for all rentals outside of normal operating hours at an additional cost. Operating hours are M-F 6 a.m.-11 p.m. and Sat/Sun 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Tournaments and large events may be subject to an extra caretaking, on-site supervisor fee and/or be required to have the cover mats put down to protect the gym floor (also an additional fee).
- All events must adhere to the UTM Fair Play Code criteria, which must be communicated to all participants.
- Consumption and distribution of food or drinks is prohibited within the RAWC (water and sports drinks in sealable/nonbreakable containers are accepted).
- UTM is a Smoke-Free campus. Please utilize Designated Smoking Areas if needed.
- Once the rental request is approved, the lessee will be sent a FIRM RENTAL BOOKING AGREEMENT/CONTRACT which must be signed and returned within five business days along with a security payment equal to 25 per cent of the total rental cost and a valid credit card to be used in lieu of a damage deposit.
- Once this signed agreement is returned to the Department, the lessee must provide the following within 20 BUSINESS DAYS of the first booking:
- Remaining 75 per cent Payment of Rental
- Proof of Insurance (Not applicable to internal bookings)
- Name and copy of first aid providers qualification (if applicable)
Failure to provide this information within the 20 business days will result in a cancellation of the rental agreement and loss of security payment. *note: each change made to a contract after confirmation is subject to a $25 administration fee.
Current Rates: May 2019 - April 2020
Rental Requirements (rentals remain tentative requests until all of the following items have been completed)
- Rental request webform submission
- Proof of Insurance (Reciept acknowledged by UTM DRAW Facilities Office)
- Signed 'firm' contract and security payment (Reciept acknowledged by UTM DRAW Facilities Office)
- Full payment of rental invoice (contact 905-828-3714 to remit payment)
- Credit card damages form submission (Reciept acknowledged by UTM DRAW Facilities Office)
Insurance Policies (Internal bookings are exempt)
- All rental groups must have a minimum $2 million general liability insurance coverage.
- “The Governing Council of the University of Toronto” must be named as “additionally insured” on this policy.
- Potential insurance providers include (but are not limited to) www.sports-can.ca & www.allsportinsurance.com
- Any cancellation to a rental agreement must be made IN WRITING, 20 business days in advance of the start date. This is considered complete when the lessee submits a CANCELLATION REQUEST FORM and is subject to a $50 administration fee. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations made between 10 and 20 business days prior to the start date will be refunded all but 25 per cent the total rental cost.
- There will be no refunds for rentals cancelled less than 10 business days prior to the first booking.