Workshops & Certificates for TA Professional Development
We work in partnership with the Teaching Assistants’ Training Program (TATP), a tri-campus peer-to-peer training program for any student working as a TA at the University of Toronto.
TATP Workshops at UTM
These workshops focus on specialized aspects of:
- classroom teaching;
- teaching preparation;
- employment training; and
- professional development for TAs.
- Hosted by the RGASC on the UTM campus
- Run during the Fall and Winter terms
- Workshops are normally three hours long
Who is eligible to attend TATP workshops at UTM?
- Graduate and undergraduate students employed as Teaching Assistants at the University of Toronto are eligible to attend TATP workshops.
Schedule and registration:
Sample of past workshops held at UTM:
- The Multilingual Classroom: Cultivating a Multilingual Teaching Team and Learning Community
- Good Questions, Better Discussions: How to Design and Facilitate Effective Classroom Discussions
- Between Myth and Reality: Teaching Presence in Higher Education
- Presentation Skills for Instructors and Teaching Assistants
- Teaching Creative Problem Solving Skills: An Experiential Workshop
- After your Teaching Assistantship: Professional Development, Transferable Skills and Teaching Portfolios
TATP Certificate Programs
TATP workshop attendance may count towards completion of a TATP certificate. Learn more about the benefits of certification: