Teaching and Learning Support for Instructors
We offer support for UTM instructors seeking assistance with projects related to teaching and learning. We welcome opportunities to work with:
- individual instructors
- groups of instructors
- teaching assistants
We can help you:
- identify evidence-based instructional strategies aligned with your course goals and student learning outcomes
- design a new course or redesign an existing one
- redesign aspects of an existing course with an inclusive lens
- develop formative and summative assessment tools to measure and provide feedback on student learning
- generate innovative ideas for in-class and out-of-class activities
- learn about Active Learning Classrooms or using active learning strategies
- help with assignment design
- write student learning outcomes
- create or revise your syllabus
- interpret and respond to course evaluation data
- support scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) projects
- map course-level learning, program-level and degree-level expectations
- apply Universal Design for Learning principles for curriculum and assessment design
How we Work
Depending on the project and individual needs, support may take the form of one or two meetings, or a more regular schedule of ongoing consultations throughout the term.
- We conduct teaching observations and microteaching sessions.
- We can help you draft teaching philosophy statements.
- We provide support for specific concerns related to teaching writing, numeracy, scientific literacy and teaching English Language Learners.
We work collaboratively with other units on campus, including:
- AccessAbility Resource Centre
- UTM Library
- Office of the Registrar
- Information & Instructional Technology Services.
Request a Consultation
Ann Gagné, Educational Developer
RGASC Front Desk