More than Marks Writing Contest
We know how hard you work on your writing, and we’re giving you a chance to show it off to the world! If you wrote something this year that you’re really proud of, we’d love to read it —because we understand that writing is about more than just marks (although marks are nice too).
Who can participate?
You must be a UTM undergraduate student in good standing.
What can you submit?
- You can submit any writing you’ve done for a credit-bearing UTM course this year, such as:
- an essay
- a review
- a report
- and more!
- Your submission must be no longer than 30 pages in total (including references, tables, graphs, cover page etc.).
- You can submit a paper exactly as you wrote it for a course, or you can revise it before submitting it to us.
- You can submit one paper you wrote by yourself, and/or one paper that you wrote as part of a group (a maximum of two in total).
Entry Instructions & Deadline
Please submit your paper via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 24, 2020.
- First-place winner(s): $150 Gift Card for the UTM Bookstore
- Second-place winner(s): $75 Gift Card for the UTM Bookstore
- Third-place winner(s): $25 Gift Card for the UTM Bookstore
First Place: Cathy Tran
Second Place: Ronda Robinson
Third Place: Laurella Cano Jose
First Place: Matthew Kolisnyk
Second Place: Myia Hellmer
Third Place: Giorgi Buzaladze
First Place: Andrew O'Brien
Second Place: Avleen Grewal
Third Place: Sughanda Suri
First Place: Shaishav Datta, Johnathan Davidson, and Thomas Piekut
Second Place: Maleeha Iqbal
Third Place: Yan Liu