The RGASC Educational Development team works one-on-one confidentially with UTM faculty and instructors.
They provide support in the following areas:
- Initial teaching dossier development including refining of teaching philosophy statements and diversity statements
- Creating or revising syllabi
- Selection and integration of contextually-appropriate, evidence-based instructional practices and assessment strategies
- Designing a new course or redesign an existing one
- Teaching in an Active Learning Classrooms or using active learning strategies
- Pedagogical research and Scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) projects
- Formative observations of teaching for professional development through reflection and discussions of teaching practice
- Apply a critical pedagogical lens to instructional practices, assessments, and course content
- Pedagogy and course content from the perspectives of Indigenous ontologies and lived experience.
- Integration of Universal Design for Learning principles for curriculum and assessment design
To book an appointment, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formative teaching observations can be requested through the UTM Teaching Observation Request Form.