The RGASC’s Educational Developers are available to support UTM instructors, teaching assistants, and staff through one-on-one consultations. They can provide support in the following areas:
- Initial teaching dossier development including refining of teaching philosophy statements and diversity statements
- Creating or revising syllabi
- Selection and integration of contextually-appropriate, evidence-based instructional practices and assessment strategies
- Designing a new course or redesign an existing one
- Teaching in an Active Learning Classrooms or using active learning strategies
- Pedagogical research and Scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) projects
- Formative observations of teaching for professional development through reflection and discussions of teaching practice
- Apply a critical pedagogical lens to instructional practices, assessments, and course content
- Pedagogy and course content from the perspectives of Indigenous ontologies and lived experience.
- Integration of Universal Design for Learning principles for curriculum and assessment design
To book an appointment, please visit UTM’s Instructional Support Portal and submit an Instructional Support ticket under “Inquiry or Consultation.” Within the Instructional Support Portal’s “Knowledge Base,” you will also find a number of articles that address common pedagogical questions.
You are also welcome to book an appointment by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formative teaching observations can be requested through the UTM Teaching Observation Request Form.