Call for Proposals: UTMSU Clubs and Associations Academic Skills Development Fund
The Office of the Dean, UTMSU, and the Robert Gillespie Academic Skills Centre are pleased to invite applications for funds to support student-driven initiatives (outside of academic societies) that have an academic skills development component.
To be eligible for funding, proposed projects must:
- Take place before April 30, 2021
- Contribute to the development of academic skills building
- Identify the name of the UTMSU / ULife-approved student group applying for the funding
- Clearly describe the initiative and explain how it will contribute to the development of students’ academic skills
- Include a budget (with a detailed breakdown of how the money will be spent)
- The name of the individual in the group responsible for finance
- Complete the following webform no later than April 30, 2021, or to receive as soon as possible. The Report should confirm the date and time of the Initiative, how the money was spent, and the number of students who participated.
- Email funding application to the UTMSU Campus Groups Coordinator (email@example.com) and the RGASC’s Centre Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Winter Term funding proposals are due on or before February 24, 2021
- Clubs and Associations will be advised of the status of their application by March 9, 2021.
- All applications will be reviewed by a Committee comprising representatives from the following stakeholder groups: Centre of Student Engagement (CSE); Robert Gillespie Academic Skills Centre (RGASC); and the University of Toronto Mississauga Student Union (UTMSU)Submission deadline
We look forward to receiving your applications and supporting your initiatives!
*This fund no longer provides funding for guest speakers. Student groups interested in obtaining funds to support a guest speaker must contact the Office of the Dean.
**There is no need to acknowledge this funding when promoting your initiative. If you wish to give sponsorship credit to UTMSU or the Robert Gillespie Academic Skills Centre, you will need to get permission in writing prior to doing so.
Last updated 2020-12-03