We encourage undergraduate students to get involved in anthropology-related activities beyond the classroom. Participating in activities outside of the classroom can lead to rewarding experiences, new skills and new contacts, all of which can broaden and enhance your experience as an undergraduate student.
Volunteer with UTMAS
Participate in the UTM Anthropology Society and you'll gain valuable transferable skills.
- UTMAS presents a wide variety of fun and inclusive events throughout the year.
- Consider volunteering to assist at an event.
- Consider running for a UTMAS Executive Council position. These positions provide the opportunity to develop valuable, transferable skills in:
- event planning
- and more!
Publish your work
Young Anthropology is the UTM Department of Anthropology's online, open access and peer-reviewed undergraduate journal.
- Did you write a particularly strong course paper?
- Did you conduct research for a class?
- Have you participated in an experiential learning opportunity?
- Would you like to share a book review you wrote or an interview that you conducted?
- Have you created anthropology-related artwork?
Consider submitting your work for publication to Young Anthropology!
Attend a facilitated study group (FSG)
Attend facilitated study group sessions for the opportunity to:
- compare study notes
- clarify course concepts
- gain study methods
- study for tests and assignments
...all in a judgement-free zone and active learning environment!
Attend a conference
- Attend the annual Anthropology conference at UTM
- You'll learn about the various fields of study and student research at the annual Anthropology Conference held at UTM.
- If you wish to present your research, you can practice your skills in an informal, supportive environment.
Learn about graduate school
- Learn about further education in Anthropology at the annual UTMAS Graduate School Information Session.
- UTM Anthropology faculty present valuable information about graduate programs.
- Check our Events page for announcements.
Attend a special lecture
- Webinars and lectures will be posted on our Events page.
- U of T faculty and guests from other prestigious institutions lecture on a variety of Anthropology-related subjects.