Summer Academic Skills Institute (SASI)
What is SASI?
Thank you to everyone who joined us for SASI 2020! Wishing you a wonderful start to the new academic year! Please access the feedback survey here.
The Summer Academic Skills Institute (SASI) is a comprehensive learning and academic skills program for all incoming UTM students with disabilities. This free program will provide students with the opportunity to develop the essential academic skills and knowledge for success in their upcoming courses.
SASI 2020 will feature online asynchronous (pre-recorded videos) and online synchronous sessions (live webinars).
SASI Live Webinars
The live webinars are scheduled daily from Monday, Aug. 17 to Friday, Aug. 21, 2020.
Students can register for live interactive sessions to ask questions and engage in meaningful discussions with staff and other students. Sessions topics include:
- How can assistive technology help you in your studies?
- What is academic resilience and why is it important?
- Tips and techniques to manage stress and maintain balance
- Meet a Career Counsellor
- Q&A with a UTM Librarian
- What is in a course syllabus and why does it matter?
- How to build a personalized study plan and a weekly/monthly schedule
- Strategies for taking effective notes in lectures and from readings
- Test-taking strategies for multiple-choice, math and essays
- Virtual board game cafe!
How Do I Register?
You must be registered with UTM Accessibility Services to sign up for SASI. To register with UTM Accessibility Services, please contact us at 905-569-4699 or email@example.com
Please contact us for more information!
For details about other orientation programming for UTM students, please visit uoft.me/UTMorientation