Did you know?
- if you have a cell phone or a smart watch in your possesion during an exam, you are committing an academic offence?
- instructors/departmental staff regularly check medical notes by calling doctors' offices to confirm student absences?
- if a student is absent for an exam due to the loss of a loved one, the instructor has the right to confirm the details?
- if there is a discrepancy between the number of students present and student cards scanned, the exams cannot be released for marking?
- if you pull a fire alarm during an exam, you may be caught by a surveillance camera or exposed due to the ink released?
- turnitin.com is frequently used by instructors to ensure student assignments are not plagiarized?
- if you are suspected of cheating, the incident will be kept on file and the record is retained in the event of future incidents?
- although your TA or instructor may not remember your name, they often remember your face?
- if there is a significant discrepancy between your ID card and appearance, the card will be confiscated and you will be escorted to the Exam Office?