President’s Advisory Committee on the Appointment of a Vice-President and Principal, University of Toronto Mississauga
As announced on September 9, 2016, on June 23, 2016 the Governing Council approved the appointment of Professor Ulrich Krull as the Interim Vice-President, University of Toronto and Principal, University of Toronto Mississauga for a one-year term effective September 1, 2016 to August 31, 2017 or until the appointment of a new Vice-President and Principal, whichever comes earlier.
In accordance with Section 62 (b) of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, respecting the appointment of a Principal, an Advisory Committee has been struck with the following membership.
- Professor Meric Gertler, President (Co-Chair)
- Professor Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President and Provost (Co-Chair)
- Ms Susan Amring, Director, Economic Development, City of Mississauga
- Professor Kenneth Corts, Marcel Desautels Chair in Entrepreneurship, Professor of Business Economics and Vice-Dean, Faculty and Research, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management
- Professor Alison Freeland, Associate Dean Medical Education (Regional), Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine; Vice-President Quality, Education and Patient Relations, Trillium Health Partners
- Professor Alexandra Gillespie, Chair, Department of English and Drama, University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM)
- Professor William Gough, Department of Physical & Environmental Science and Vice-Principal (Academic) and Dean, University of Toronto Scarborough
- Professor Claudiu Gradinaru, Chair, Department of Chemical and Physical Sciences, UTM
- Ms Shelley Hawrychuck, Associate Librarian, Collections and Scholarship and Deputy Chief Librarian, UTM Library
- Mr. Nick Kuryluk, Alumni governor
- Professor Emmanuel Nikiema, Chair, Department of Language Studies, UTM
- Dr. Mark Overton, Dean of Student Affairs and Assistant Principal, UTM
- Mr. Chadd Pirali¸ Undergraduate student, UTM
- Ms Firyal Ramzan, Graduate student, UTM
- Professor Locke Rowe, Dean, School of Graduate Studies and Vice Provost, Graduate Research and Education
- Professor Kathi Wilson, Chair, Department of Geography, UTM
- Professor David Wolfe, Department of Political Science, UTM
In addition, following a formal Request for Proposals and a rigorous selection process, we have engaged the firm of Odgers Berndtson to assist the Advisory Committee in its work.
The Advisory Committee is interested in receiving advice on priorities that the Committee should consider for the mandate for the next Vice-President and Principal and qualities that should be sought in the next Vice-President and Principal to ensure execution of the mandate. Comments may be submitted in confidence to Ms Gerri Woodford, Partner, Academic Practice, Odgers Berndtson, at email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 11, 2016. Following input on the mandate and qualities, a call for nominations and a position profile will be distributed.
Questions should be directed to Ms Sheree Drummond, Secretary of the Governing Council, (firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-978-2118).