Graduate Student Leadership Award
This annual award, co-sponosored by the Vice-Dean Graduate and UTMAGS, is intended to recognize U of T Mississauga graduate students who have taken a significant leadership role on campus, and in so doing have had a demonstrable impact on improving the quality of graduate student experience at the University of Toronto Mississauga. Award recipient will receive $2,500.
Eligible nominees include any currently enrolled graduate student (in any professional graduate program or research-stream graduate program) who is identified in ROSI as a U of T Mississauga student and who pays U of T Mississauga student fees. (To be appropriately identified in ROSI, students need to complete and submit the Campus Affiliation Form
When assessing the nominees, the adjudication committee will consider the degree to which the nominees have
- Provided an opportunity for U of T Mississauga graduate students to become engaged in improving the quality of life for those within or beyond the University;
- Furthered the institution's education mission by promoting civil discourse and informed dialogue;
- Supported our international character by encouraging cross-cultural understanding;
- Contributed to the variety and richness of the campus' diversity through cultural events and social programming; and
- Demonstrated academic leadership in the development and/or improvement of academic programs or related offerings on campus.
Nominators should be selective in the type and amount of evidence they collect to support the nominations. A nomination dossier will generally include:
(1) A detailed covering letter, no longer than three pages in length, summarizing and explaining the documentation, and drawing attention to the most significant points brought forward in favour of the candidate; and
(2) A report or dossier outlining the nominee's contributions and accomplishments in the areas listed under Award Criteria, including at least three letters of support for the nomination from students, faculty, staff or alumni. The nomination letter must clearly state the nominee’s merits as outlined in the award criteria, and include contact information of the nominator.
Submit nominations to:
Graduate Student Leadership Award Committee
c/o Vice-Dean, Graduate Office
Room 3200-William G. Davis Building
All components of the nomination (nomination letter, letters of support, etc.) must be submitted together. Late submissions will not be accepted. The deadline for nominations is April 19th, 2017.
The adjudication committee will be chaired by the Vice-Dean Graduate or designate, and will include: Three U of T Mississauga graduate students selected by the UTMAGS executive, at least one of whom is from a professional graduate program; Two U of T Mississauga faculty selected by the Vice-Dean Graduate, one from the Sciences, and one from the Social Sciences or Humanities; and One U of T Mississauga administrative staff person, to be selected by the Vice-Dean Graduate. In the event of a split decision in the committee, the Chair’s vote will break the tie.