REACHout First Gen Program
What is REACHout First Gen?
REACHout First Gen is a chance for you to chat with someone else who has been a first generation student*.
Starting in January 2018, first generation students can meet with an upper-year student in 1-to-1 sessions that are focused on issues a new student will face. Sessions will also provide ample time to discuss any issues or questions that you may have.
In addition to 1:1 mentoring conversations, you can participate in social and academic activities on campus with your mentors!
REACHout First Gen Events:
- REACHout First Gen Launch Event
- Trailblazers Conference - January 2018
- REACH Recognition Celebration - Winter 2018
- Community building activities
* First generation students are those whose parent(s) and/or guardian(s) have not attended university in Canada.
What are the benefits of REACH First Gen?
- Meet other first generation students
- Join a fun and engaging community
- It's free
- Learn about available resources
What are the requirements of REACHout First Gen?
Attend 5 check-in sessions with an upper-year mentor. Complete session reports to track your progress.
Attend 2 co-curricular activities with your mentor: one social activity, and an academic activity.
How do I enrol in REACH First Gen?
Enrollment for the 2016-17 year is closed. It will be opened for the 2017-18 year in fall 2017.