The Greening Project
- In 2010, the Unitarian Congregation in Mississauga and Credit Valley Conservation developed a program called "The Greening Project". Over the last 6 years the project has designed and implemented naturalized gardens, created two rain gardens and removed invasive plants. Since then, the project is looking to increase awareness of their project and provide educational opportunities to other organizations and the general public.
- Students looking to participate in this project will have the chance to work on a number of projects including:
Assisting with the creation of educational resources for their site. This will involve research on plants and trees, identification of trees, and development of a resource guide for tours.
Assisting with outreaching to the community to engage volunteers to assist with maintenance of the gardens.
Registration is now closed
If you would like to inquire about this project, please email Alysha Ferguson email@example.com
- Registered participants must attend either of the mandatory training sessions (below) with the Centre for Student Engagement Centre
- Monday, October 3rd 6-8pm, Spigel Hall (Davis Building)
- Wednesday, October 5th 6-8pm, Spigel Hall (Davis Building)