Community Innovation Projects
Local non-profit organizations are often faced with multiple resource priorities. This can be challenging because organizations may not not always have the time or resources to allocate towards exploring new opportunities that would bring about exciting initatives to their operations. This is where YOU come in!
- In partnership with UTM, local non-profits identify a challenge or problem within their organization that they would like to explore changing and UTM student teams work to develop an achievable solution for that organization.
- You will work on real-life projects to develop an attainable solution and present your recommendations to members of the organization's Board of Directors in the spring for their consideration and possible implementation.
- Attend an information session to learn more
- Friday, September 9th 12-1pm, DV2080
- Monday, September 12th 1-2pm, IB150
- Thursday, September 15th 10-11am, DV2080
- Register (on each page is a registration for the specific project)
- Must attend either of the mandatory training sessions (below) with the Centre for Student Engagement Centre
- Monday, October 3rd 6-8pm, Spigel Hall (Davis Building)
- Wednesday, October 5th 6-8pm, Spigel Hall (Davis Building)
- Attend team meetings with your peers and sometimes with your community partner
- Participate in the experience: October 2016-April 2017
- Attend the "Thank you" celebration
- Complete an online reflection survey (one in December, one in March)
- Add the experience to your Co-Curricular Record (CCR)
- Projects that we have for the upcoming year include:
The Caledon Dufferin Victim Services (CDVS) Team
If you have any questions about our Community Innovation Projects please email: email@example.com