Visions of Science
Visions of Science Network for Learning Inc. (VoSNL) is a charitable organization that aims to advance the educational achievements and career aspirations of youth from low-income and marginalized communities through meaningful engagement in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields and research. In order to eliminate barriers, we offer free on-going opportunities for youth to engage in STEM within their communities.
Student volunteers from UTM’s Centre for Student Engagement will volunteer weekly in the Peel region. Students will work with groups of their peers (6 total) within each “club” of the organization to support students in Grades 4-8 and enhance their knowledge of science.
- Participate in the Visions of Science program From October 2016 to April 2017
- Must commit to a minimum of 2 hours a week (Saturday's throughout October 2016 to April 2017)
- Provide feedback about the program and complete debrief sessions once a month with other UTM Students
Registration is now closed
If you would like to inquire about this project, please email Alysha Ferguson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Registered participants ust attend either of the mandatory training sessions (below) with the Centre for Student Engagement Centre
- Monday, October 3rd 6-8pm, Spigel Hall (Davis Building)
- Wednesday, October 5th 6-8pm, Spigel Hall (Davis Building)
- Must attend the Visions of Science Training at UTM on Saturday September 24th from 9:00am-3:00pm in Faculty Club (3rd floor of Davis Building)