Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel (BBBS)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel (BBBS) is a mentoring organization for children and youth; it is committed to providing caring adult relationships for children to promote healthy development and enhance self-esteem.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentoring Programs are a model of service delivery that promotes positive youth development. Outcomes for children and youth include increased resiliency and self-efficacy, a sense of hope for the future, a more positive attitude about school and improved relationships with peers and family.
- Take part in the UTM Group Mentoring, UTM In School Mentoring program(s) or be a UTM On-Campus Program Coordinator
- Hear and learn from past Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentors
- Participate in the Group Mentoring and/or the In School Mentoring program with UTM & BBBS from September to April (2016-2017)
- Group Mentoring: Must be available Wednesday evenings from 6:00pm-9:00pm
- In School Mentoring: Make your own schedule!
- On-Campus Program Coordinator: This unique experience will give you the opportunity to host one of the BBBS groups twice a month. As a Program Coordinator you and your team will come up with interactive, fun and engaging activities for the BBBS volunteers and kids. This opportunity will involve some planning and preparation in addition to the execution of the activities. We are looking for creative, energetic, outgoing volunteers with excellent communication skills. Time of program is to be determined.
- Group mentoring and On-Campus Program Coordinator take place on the UTM campus; In-School Mentoring takes places at a school within the Peel region (mainly Mississauga and Brampton)
- Groups will participate in fun and skill-based activities
Registration is now closed
If you would like to inquire about this project, please email Alysha Ferguson email@example.com
- Make sure to have a valid Vulnerable Sectors Check (no more than 6 months old)
- Registered participants must attend either of the mandatory training sessions (below) with the Centre for Student Engagement Centre
- Monday, October 3rd 6-8pm, Spigel Hall (Davis Building)
- Wednesday, October 5th 6-8pm, Spigel Hall (Davis Building)
- Training with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Wednesday, September 28th 6-9 (location TBD)